Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow


 Gary has never wanted to grow a beard and one thing we noticed last spring after his transplant surgery and again with this surgery, was that he was eager to have his shaver so that he could get rid of his facial hair.  We didn't want him to shave without asking if it was ok, so yesterday I talked to his surgeon and asked if he was allowed to shave.  His answer surprised me when he said, yes, he definitely can.  It's always a good sign when a man asks for his shaver or a women for her make-up after surgery, because then you know they are starting to feel better. So, today, I gave Gary a shave while I was there.  He didn't have the strength or energy to do it himself, but he was happy to have it done for him.

This evening, Gary was moved from the Transplant ICU to a regular room on the same floor.  The Transplant ICU needed his room for someone who was in more need of ICU care then Gary needed anymore.  He probably won't be in there long, because he is progressing and there is a good possibility that he may be sent home tomorrow but as we have learned in the past, things are always subject to change.

Prayer requests:

1) Continued healing for Gary
2) Strength and energy for me -- I am exhausted and I know part of it is the long days I have been spending at the hospital, but part of it is also because I have been getting over having been sick myself.

Thank you again for your continued thoughts and prayers.

 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 ~~ Philippians 4:13 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment