Monday, March 17, 2014

Very Tired!

Today was a very busy day in the Transplant Intensive Care Unit. I counted at least 5 new patients appearing to come from surgery of some kind to be admitted. For Gary it was a much quieter day. He seemed to be tiring out very quickly so did a lot of sleeping.

He took two walks today - one with his nurse and I and one with Peter and I. Although they were shorter then the one walk yesterday, combined it was a bit longer. You could tell he was tired each time and ready to sit. He did sit in a recliner all day and not lay in bed, which was good for his lungs.

Thankfully he has not had any hiccups today. He has been having them off and on, so I was sure hoping that they would not get as bad as a friend of ours who recently had surgery seemed to have them.

He still is dealing with a lot of pain and still has a ways to go. There are times I get discouraged but then one of the nurses will say something that they see improvement on from when they saw him a couple days ago that maybe I haven't seen since I have been there everyday, and I realize he is improving.

All the surgeons, various doctors, nurses, and nurse techs in the Transplant ICU have been wonderful. All in all it was a good day.

Thanks to all of you for your continued thoughts and prayers and the various ways some of you have helped us with rides and for "walking with us" in so many ways.

The following verse was part of my devotions last night and definitely a good reminder for me that I need to keep giving all that is going on in our lives to the Lord. He has shown, and continues to show, that he is with us all the time. 


 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
~~ 1 Peter 5:7





No comments:

Post a Comment